"I take extreme pride in representing you. Every single case I take on, I will work with you directly, one-on-one, and although we have excellent support and assistance, your meetings will always include me, and you will have my personal cell phone. When you become a client of this Firm, you become a part of something greater than having to "hire a lawyer". I care about you. And I care about your case. My passion to represent you will not cease."
- Attorney Mesolella
When hiring an attorney for personal injuries or any legal matter, you should strongly consider whether your attorney dedicates his or her practice to representing the injured and is active in their fields of representation. I take pride in seeking justice for you. Ultimately, as a client of our Firm, I want to earn your trust and business for life. That is why no case is treated differently; expect excellence and settle for nothing less from the attorney you choose to represent you.
Our Firm was selected by you, the client, as a Top 3 Finalist for the Best Law Firm, and, Best Lawyer in 2021 by the Providence Journal's 'Reader's Choice' awards. Attorney Mesolella is supremely humbled and appreciative of this recognition. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, Attorney Mesolella volunteered in helping Rhode Islanders - from business owners to tenants and landlords - and all those that needed assistance of some kind, Michael has taken a proactive direct approach in helping people during tough times. Attorney Mesolella is an AVVO-rated "Top Attorney." For 2019 and 2020, Mesolella & Associates was recognized as a "10 Best Law Firm" in Rhode Island based on Client Satisfaction in the area of Personal Injury.
Don't just hire any attorney - hire a law firm with a team dedicated to you and your case. Hire a law firm that is involved in the community and active amongst their colleagues in their practice areas. At Mesolella & Associates LLC, we take pride in representing you, the client, while also contributing our services to the community and many non-profit organizations. Our Attorneys are members of many local boards and committees. Excellence not only comes from case results, but also adherence to exceptional values, morals, ethics, participation, and dedication to advancement in the field.
Attorney Mesolella works hard for you every single day. And the results speak for themselves. Michael has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. However, client success is not measured just monetarily. Money does not mend all problems, repair injuries, restore relationships, emotional distress, or missing loved ones. You want a strong advocate by your side, with intelligent competent guidance, who listens to you, and leads. Michael has protected and created local small businesses, fought for landlords and tenants, especially during the Covid-19 housing crisis, worked with Title IX victims in schools, and provides Civil Litigation to resolve a range of issues from real property to fraud to social media problems.
How your attorney handles your case from start to finish matters. Hopefully, you work directly with an attorney who understands your legal issues and what it takes to obtain succcess. You should have confidence your case is handled competently, from start to finish and beyond. If you are hiring an attorney, you deserve an attorney that works for and alongside you. Michael helps you further by offering flexible meeting times, including nights or weekends, and remote consultations when possible.
We strive to be absolutely sure each and every client receives the highest level of representation and results. Michael has attained hard fought successful outcomes in some of the most contested types of cases. This has lead to him being sought out by clients, tenants, landlords, and folks from all walks of life in ned of real, direct, transparent HELP. Even in 2016, Attorney Mesolella was recognized in Rhode Island as a Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney Under Age 40.
No one should suffer the harmful consequences of another's negligence, especially at no fault of their own. Michael understands this. He will help you through injuries or illness. And, trouble tenants, difficult landlords, lease negotiations or lease breaks, business legal needs, or starting a new company. In pursuit of your success, Michael works with vigor to protect your interests no matter the type of legal issue you have. Whether the negligent actions of another have caused the loss of life, or minor injuries, Michael's approach is simple - Trial Ready and transparent talk.
Injuries from automobile accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip & falls, wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, or dog bites can be seriously disabling and cause significant interruption to your career, work, education, family relationships, or enjoyment of life. Hiring Michael can help you obtain the results you deserve when facing parties more concerned about the bottom line than caring about you, or compensating you fairly, for the injuries you have dearly suffered.
Attention to detail, preparation, compassion, empathy and personal communication are elements to success. Michael tirelessly reviews his files and maintains contact with his clients. Personal relationships are important and valued. You can expect same day return of phone calls and immediate attention to your case. Michael has successfully represented clients against virtually all insurance carriers. Michael and his clients find satisfaction in the successful pursuit of justice as the ultimate reward.
Michael has robust experience in the legal profession. As a paralegal and law clerk for nearly a decade, Mike watched, listened, and learned. Michael litearlly grew up in his family's law firm. His fortunate exposure to the general practice of law from such a young age turned out to be a powerful brick in Mesolella & Associates. He gained hands-on practical skills while working and speaking with people from all walks of life. Mike assisted on personal injury matters that set precedent in Rhode Island, real estate transactions, complex title searching & clearing, closings, zoning, litigation, business formation and litigation, contract drafting and negotiation, insurance disputes, family law, landlord/tenant, wills & trusts, and criminal matters. Before entering law school, Michael interned with a justice of the Rhode Island Superior Court. As such, Mike welcomes the opportunity to effectively and immediately represent you.
Michael is a sitting member on the Board of Governors for the Rhode Island Association for Justice (RIAJ), Rhode Island's only trial attorney and plaintiff advocacy association (formerly known as RITLA). Michael has sat on other Boards, including the Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center, which is a non-profit organization that assists and places victims of domestic violence. He is also an active member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys. In 2018, Michael was selected as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's "Man of the Year" campaign, and remains passionate and vigilant in the areas of cancer research and fundraising, including rare diseases and awareness.
In an ongoing effort to support and give back to the community and his home state, Michael is involved in many Rhode Island activities. As a La Salle Academy alumna (Class of 2000), he joins fellow alumni to mentor La Salle Academy Scholars students (formerly known as the Pegasus Program). He has served as an evaluator at local Moot Court competitions, mentored students from high school through law school, and is a certified Family & Divorce Mediator. Mike serves as a mentor to Roger Williams University School of Law students through the RIAJ, and welcomes their students as office interns. Our Firm knows that giving back is invaluable, which is why Attorney Mesolella further donates his time to many other causes and associations.
On behalf of the RIAJ and the Casey Feldman Foundation, the Firm presents the End Distracted Driving program to prospective teenage drivers at the Community College of Rhode Island. The Firm is active in the Bicycle Helmet Safety Program, and has educated young elementary students about bicycle safety, while also providing helmets to children on behalf of the RIAJ and local politicians involved in this great initiative for Rhode Island's youngsters.
If you have suffered an injury caused by the negligence of another, your legal rights may be at stake. It is important to seek medical attention right away and contact an attorney immediately. Should you be facing any other legal issue, do not wait to seek legal assistance.
Call Michael today at (401) 400-3770 for a free consultation. He will work within your schedule; no time is a bad time. You can expect to deal with Attorney Mesolella directly.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to serving you, the client, for life.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motor Cycle Accidents
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents
- Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Slip and Fall
- Dog Bites
- Traumatic Injuries, TBIs
- Wrongful Death
- Landlord/Tenant: Evictions, Lease Drafting, Litigation, Enforcement, Limited-Scope Representation
- Business: Formation & Consulting, LLC, Corporations, Non-Profits, Filings, Registered Agent Services
- Contracts: Review, Drafting & Negotiation
- Lease Reviews & Limited-Scope Representation
- Employment Law: Independent Contractor/Agreements, Severance, Unemployment, Contract Review
- Entertainment: Consulting, Agency, Contracts, Negotiations, Content Building & Planning, Social Media, Creative, Music & Film
- Real Estate: Complex Title Searches & Clearing, Real Property Disputes, Litigation, Negotiation, Review
- Commercial Real Estate & Loan Workouts
- ADA Discrimination, Employment Discrimination, EEOC, Title IX
- Business Licensing & Board Hearings
- Registered Agent Services
- General Contract Drafting & Negotiation
- Debt Collection, Defense
- Insurance Disputes, Insurance Coverage
- General Civil Practice
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Providence Journal Reader's Finalist: Top 3
- Lawyer in Rhode Island
- Law Firm in Rhode Island
- 2019, 2020 - 10 Best Law Firm for Client Satisfaction - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney Under Age 40 - National Academy of Personal Injury Attoneys, Rhode Island
- AVVO Rated 10/10
- AVVO Client's Choice Award
- Google 5-Star Rating
- Featured in Lawyer's Weekly - Rhode Island
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D., Honors: cum laude
- University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island
- Major: Business Management
- Major: Economics
- Honors: Athletic Honor Roll, Deans List
- La Salle Academy, Providence, Rhode Island
- End Distracted Driving Student Awareness Initiative, RI Assoc. for Justice Presentation (2014)
- Career Day – Career in the Law, West Warwick High School, RI 2014
- Rhode Island Association for Justice Bike Safety Helmet Program, Lippitt Elementary, Warwick, with Rhode Island Senator Mike McCaffrey, 2015
- Lawyers Weekly Contributor
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, Member
- Rhode Island Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- Rhode Island Center for Justice, Founding Sponsor
- Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center, Board of Directors
Pro Bono Activities
- Cops For Kids with Cancer & Ella O'Donnell - Yuppies at Yummies
- Yuppie Racing, Inc., Non-Profit Charitable Organization (Organizer)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man of the Year (LLS)
- Pancreatic Cancer Foundation; PANCAN Fundraising